Carrot Ginger Soup
Enjoy this warming soup on a late summer evening with a beautiful colour and gentle flavour, almost no prep!
- 2 C chopped carrots
- 2 T coconut butter (can substitute almond butter)
- 1 t fresh minced ginger (I use a little more)
- 1 T or less shallots
- 1 t chives, minced for garnish
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Water if needed for blending
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until you reach your desired consistency, adding only as much water as you need to achieve your desired consistency (I added a little less than a cup but this will depend on your blender’s superpowers)
Taste for seasonings and adjust
You may choose to add more almond/coconut butter or more Himalayan salt at this time
Allow the soup to be warmed by the blender, over your stove or enjoy this soup chilled from the fridge.
Garnish your soup with chopped chives, fresh black pepper and/or a tablespoon of hemp/flax/chia oil